TEN Random Things About Me:
10. My feet are cold.
9. I was going to see Zygmunt Bauman speak this afternoon on refugee issues, but it's been cancelled. Damn flaky academics.
8. I spent several hours in a cathedral yesterday.
7. My face feels tight, and I need to moisturise.
6. I am really, really happy and at ease these days, and I'm not sure why, but I hope it lasts and doesn't break down into my traditional summer lunatic hysteria.
5. I have no idea what this Frienditto thing is that everyone's talking about.
4. I really wish I could stop picking the skin around my fingers and let them heal from the ragged, bloody stumps they currently are, but fundamentally I don't care enough to expend the energy to break the habit.
3. I am still halfway through Barchester Towers, after more than a month.
2. I am wearing a pink and red checked skirt from Spitalfields market.
1. After vowing I would not buy clothes again for ages, I bought a dress yesterday. In my defense, it was only a fiver.
NINE Ways To Win My Heart:
9. Have passions.
8. Be prepared to be silly.
7. Have adventures.
6. Be idealistic
5. Be funny.
4. Know who you are
3. Be positive and optimistic.
2. Be brave.
1. Think I'm great.
EIGHT things I want to do before I die:
8. Live on every continent.
7. Learn to speak another language to the point of fluency.
6. Travel for at least a year through Latin America.
5. Publish a novel.
4. Get a PhD.
3. Learn to drive.
2. Never stagnate.
1. Everything else.
SEVEN ways to annoy me:
7. Be pointlessly self-pitying.
6. Patronise me.
5. Be a fucking bigot.
4. Not listen to what other people say.
3. Treat people with disrespect.
2. Be petty and small-minded.
1. Read the Daily Mail and take it seriously.
SIX things I believe in:
5. That borders and nation states are arbitrary social constructs and ultimately meaningless.
4. That people should always strive to improve themselves.
3. That evil does not exist as an abstract concept, but is something of which we are all capable.
2. That no one is ever beyond redemption or foregiveness.
1. That war is never the right choice.
FIVE things I'm afraid of:
5. Huntsman spiders.
4. Being stuck in a submarine at the bottom of the ocean.
3. Losing my grip on reality.
2. Ever being in a situation I can't easily escape from.
1. Losing the people I love.
FOUR favorite items in my room:
4. Electric piano.
3. My journals.
2. My noticeboard, stuck to which is a random mix of photos, political and amusing postcards, and foreign money.
1. My pink desk.
THREE things I do everyday:
TWO things I want to do right now:
2. Tidy the house.
ONE person I want to see right now:
1. Can't pick just one.