1. How old will you be in five years?
33, coming up for 34. Gosh.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
No one so far.
3. How tall are you?
5'8 and a bit.
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Glasgow in a couple of weeks, and then CANADA! Um, if I can find a credit card and actually book tickets, and stuff.
5. What's the last movie you saw?
Lost in Translation last night, though I wasn't really paying attention.
6. Who was the last person to call you?
I had an unidentified missed call this morning; before that it was Mary, yesterday evening, to talk about house stuff.
7. Who was the last person you called?
Tom, last night.
8. What was the last text message you received?
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
Um, I'm not sure. I think it was probably Sarah M, telling me about Nich's hen night which is now going to be the same weekend that I'm in Canada, rather than the following weekend which I had written in my diary. Oops.
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Either on the phone, or writing.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced
13. When is the last time you saw your Mum?
Eleven months ago.
14. What color are your eyes?
15. What time did you wake up today?
Around seven, and then around eight, and then around nine, and at ten I finally gave up and got up (in my defence, I did go to sleep at three).
16. What are you wearing right now?
NOT my pyjamas, honest.
17. What is your favorite christmas song?
It's really 'Fairlytake of New York', obv, but everyone's said that so I;m going with 'The Christians and the Pagans' by Dar Williams. Or carols. I love carols.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
I like new places! But bed is always very nice.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Um, I don't know. Crushed under a train?
21. Where will you be in 10 years?
Don't know. Probably living in London, hopefully doing a job that I love and with a PhD and three published novels.
22. Do you tan or burn?
Burn, peel, burn, peel, burn, peel and then after months on end I am perhaps a smidgin of a shade darker than I once was.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
The moon, actually. My curtains had to be shut very very tightly, because if a scrap of moonlight got through I would FREAK OUT in a mixture of panic and woe. I was a strange and fanciful child. Oh, and when I was a bit older the bad giants in the BFG terrified me. And wolves! Yes.
24. What was the last thing to make you smile?
I honestly can't think.
25. How many tvs do you have in your house?
Two, I think, though I don't know where the one that used to be in chiller's room has gone.
26. How big is your bed?
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
29. What color are your sheets?
Brown and cream.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What is your favorite season?
I like them all, though I am very into spring right now. Winter's my least favourite but I do like the start of it.
*Apparently some questions were deleted here. I'm sure people had their reasons*
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Bare feet. Socks upset me and I tend to pull one off and lose it. This used to amuse and annoy my mother in roughly equal measures.
39. Are you a social person?
Yes, mostly, though I go through the occasional hermit phase.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
A vegetable cup-a-soup with linseed bread.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Don't know. The Higoi in Nottingham will always have a special place in my heart thanks to its EPIC set sashimi menu.
42. What is your favorite ice cream?
Maybe something with nuts?
43. What is your favorite dessert?
I don't really like desserts all that much, though I have a passion for CAKE, and could certainly go for some rhubarb crumble right now.
44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
I love most soups, but maybe a good chunky tomato and basil.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I don't like jam on bread, so, no.
46. Do you like Chinese food?
47. Do you like coffee?
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
If I'm at work I tend to get my recommended two litres. If I'm at home, not enough, cause I am weird and vastly prefer to drink water out of bottles than out of cups (yes, I know I could just get a bottle at home. Shut up).
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Tea if I'm at home, coffee if I'm at work.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
I have a preference for the inner side if I'm sharing and there is one, which probably dates back to the days when I would share a single bed with my first university boyfriend and if I wasn't by the wall I would end up on the floor.
52. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. I am not bad at it.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
Yes, I went to Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa and Northern Ontario in August 2003, and (fingers crossed) I am going to Toronto and Calgary next month!
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
No. I have an obsessive personality, and a compulsive personality, but they are subtly different.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
At home. I love eating out, but can rarely afford it at the moment.
57. Last person you hugged?
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
My friend Dave, who is getting married to Nich this year on the day before our birthdays. We even share the same year and time of birth.
59. Do you want kids?
Yes, I think so.
60. Do you speak any other languages?
Reasonably conversational French and German, a bit of Sudanese Arabic and I am generally surprised at how much Russian I can understand (though I'm hard-pressed to string a grammatically correct sentence together).
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes, two in my shoulder when I had a mole removed aged six.
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Ocean, though I don't mind pools.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
65. Do you know how to drive stick?
Yes, in theory, and actually I drove a car (at night, incredibly illegally) in Khartoum last year and was surprised at how much I could remember (I still stalled several times when trying to make a getaway from a gtun-toting policeman, though).
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Travel and books.
67. Do you wear any jewellery 24/7?
68. What is your favorite TV show?
I don't know, really. Wife Swap was dead good last night, though.
69. Can you roll your tongue?
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
chiller or Tom or my mum.
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Erm, yes, actually.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone:
A kind of low, croaky ring-ring.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
Actually I was talking to my mum yesterday and she said that she had just found a little woollen hat that I used to wear as a toddler, and a cream lace dress that I wore when I was six or seven.
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
Red cushion next to me.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes. I went to boarding school in Australia with a lot of girls who were from drought-stricken properties in the country, so this was rather drummed into me.
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Bees, as you'd be more likely to survive, surely?
78. What were you doing at 12 in the afternoon?
Drinking a cup of tea and reading.
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
I can't remember the last time I ate a chicken nugget, unless the spicy chicken from our local spicy chicken shop counts, and that is just fine on its own.
80. What is your favorite food?
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
No. I'd give it a go, though.
82. Have you ever run out of gas?
83. What is your usual bedtime?
Between midnight and 2am.
84. What was the last book you read?
I'm halfway through 'The Haunted Lands' ('These Haunted Lands'? For some reason the name of the book won't stick in my head) by Tina Rosenberg, about the end of communism in Czechoslovakia, Poland and East Germany. It is excellent.
85. Do you read the newspaper?
Not nearly as much as I should.
86. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
87. What were you doing at 7pm last night?
Possibly on the phone to Mark.
88. Do you watch soap operas?
'Enders, when I remember.
89. Do you dance in the car?
I'm very rarely in a car.
90. What radio station did you last listen to?
Whatever they have playing in the caff. Heart, maybe?
91. What picture is in the picture frame closest to you?
A picture of the northern lights.
92. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
A to do list in my diary.
93. Last time you cried?
In the early hours of Friday morning. Drink was involved, unsurprisingly.
94. What is your favorite board game?
Trivial Pursuit, or Pictionary, if I am partnered with my friend Jo, as we are UNBEATABLE.
95. When was the last time you attended church?
I have no idea. Ages and ages and ages and ages ago. Probably school. Oh, unless funerals and weddings count, in which case it would be Simon and Claudia's wedding, August 2004.
96. Whats your plans for tomorrow?
Work my arse off on PhD-related stuff.
97. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
Mrs Strachan, who was my English teacher. She was excellent and a bit subversive.
98. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
I lived in a tent for three months or so last year, in Juba, but I'm not sure if that really counts as it was a tent with electricity and a bed. Other than that, I don't think I've ever done more than a weekend. Oh yes, a week or ten days when I was in Namibia.
99. Who was the last person to go out of their way to do something extra special for you?
Tom, who bought me a lovely cake when I was up in Glasgow last, or chiller who gave me the most beautiful skirt in the whole world.
100. What time is it right now?